Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Default Text in a Rectangle Object

I have a rectangle in a worksheet "Rectangle 43", I want to copy some text I
have in a cell which is a formula (Sheet1!A5&" "&Sheet2!A5) in to this
rectangle. I select the cell containing the text, copy this and then select
the rectangle but the paste button is not available.
I have tried the following but this fails

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 43").TextFrame.Characters.Text = Sheet1!A5&"
"&Sheet2!A5
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Try this:

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 43").TextFrame.Characters.Text =
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A5") & " " & Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A5")

Regards,
Per