Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel formula/macro integrating with font colors?

I am looking for the a macro formula, or an excel formula...

I have an AR Aging report which is very complex. It is broke into 2
sections within the same sheet. The 1st section is grouped by type of
customer and the 2nd section is actually aging the amount due. The 2nd
section is font-colored coded according to aging (green font is 1-30, yellow
font is 31-60, 61-90 and red font for 91+.

Is it possible to make a macro to change the font of section 1 to reflect
the same color of font in section 2? Now as a twist, section 1 is formulated
to look at the group, the balance and place it in a cell according to cell
titles.
For example, =IF($F2=$C4,$E4,0) - F2 is column title, C4 is cell group
title, E4 is the amount from sec 2 aging balance.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
~Dawne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If there is a standard logic which can be applied then you can always write a
macro to highlight cells in section 1 based on the highlighting in section
2...

From your post it is not clear what the logic will be...

If you can spell this out then you can send the spreadsheet to me with
sample data...
--
If you find this post helpful pl. choose "Yes"...

"ScrappinCntry" wrote:

I am looking for the a macro formula, or an excel formula...

I have an AR Aging report which is very complex. It is broke into 2
sections within the same sheet. The 1st section is grouped by type of
customer and the 2nd section is actually aging the amount due. The 2nd
section is font-colored coded according to aging (green font is 1-30, yellow
font is 31-60, 61-90 and red font for 91+.

Is it possible to make a macro to change the font of section 1 to reflect
the same color of font in section 2? Now as a twist, section 1 is formulated
to look at the group, the balance and place it in a cell according to cell
titles.
For example, =IF($F2=$C4,$E4,0) - F2 is column title, C4 is cell group
title, E4 is the amount from sec 2 aging balance.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
~Dawne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sheeloo - I can't seem to even figure out how to paste for your email ID... I
copied and then pasted in an excel cell and hit enter... nothing but the
value of the instructions of your profile appeared... ="to" & CHAR(95) &
"sheeloo" & CHAR(64) & " - help?

Thanks!

"Sheeloo" wrote:

If there is a standard logic which can be applied then you can always write a
macro to highlight cells in section 1 based on the highlighting in section
2...

From your post it is not clear what the logic will be...