Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula to Find First Cell in a Row with Values

Hello, I am trying to find the value in a series of cash flows that is
the first month to have a cash flow. I have the formula to find the
max, which is =SUMPRODUCT((MAX(($a2:$z20)*($a$1:$z$1)))), (thank you
Rick Rothstein!)where row 2 equals the cash flow and row 1 equals the
corresponding date.

I am now looking to find the first month with a number that is not
zero. I tried switching the MAX to MIN and the switching the sign
around. All I get is 0 when I do that. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this array-entered** formula...

=(MIN(IF(($A2:$Z20),$A$1:$Z$1),99999))

**Commit this formula with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter by itself.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)