Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Random Golf Foursome Generation

I'm trying to figure out how to set up randow golf foursomes for a multi
round tournament so that there is a minimum number of repeated pairings over
the 4 rounds. Ideally would like to enter the number of players and have the
foursomes generated for the 4 rounds at once.

Thx.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

These are very hard to Solve.

The Social Golfer Problem
One reference...

http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sello/golf.html

--
Good Luck.
Dana DeLouis

"navel151" wrote in message ...

I'm trying to figure out how to set up randow golf foursomes for a multi
round tournament so that there is a minimum number of repeated pairings over
the 4 rounds. Ideally would like to enter the number of players and have the
foursomes generated for the 4 rounds at once.

Thx.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Random foursomes from a list we can do, limit the repeated pairings would be
very difficult.

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
www.thecodecage.com/forumz

"navel151" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to figure out how to set up randow golf foursomes for a multi
round tournament so that there is a minimum number of repeated pairings over
the 4 rounds. Ideally would like to enter the number of players and have the
foursomes generated for the 4 rounds at once.

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

And to add to the problem, there are 2 teams, so you also need 2 players from
each team in each foursome and you don't want people playing in the same
foursome spot each day. I did it manually but it killed a lot of brain cells
so I was hoping that some genious had written a small program to do it for
various sizes of groups :) I'm not asking for much am I LOL

Thx.