Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command button continues to be visible!

Dear All
The following code does not give any errors but the command button named as
'alfa' continues to be visible in excel-97; command button from control
toolbox.

Activesheet.alfa.Visible = False

Pls advice.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

D/Pter

After your suggestion about the design mode checked it is not in design mode
and also ensured that the sheet is not protected.

The below line works
Activesheet.alfa.caption= "bingo"

The below line does not work
Activesheet.alfa.Visible = False

Using Excel 97.

Why I require it to be visible is bcos it is a big command button and want
to be visible only when export operations are going on. So I used this above
code at the end of the procedure so that once the code is run they dont see
this command button.

Pls help, as I will be watching with curiosity as dont understand why it is
not working.

brgds/captgnvr

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message

Dear All
The following code does not give any errors but the command button named
as
'alfa' continues to be visible in excel-97; command button from control
toolbox.

Activesheet.alfa.Visible = False

Pls advice.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In a new sheet add a button named CommandButton1 and run the following from
an ordinary module, obviously with the sheet active.

With ActiveSheet.CommandButton1
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

For me this toggles visibility of the button in Excel-97, as expected.

Regards,
Peter

PS, what does D/Pter mean

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message

Dear All
The following code does not give any errors but the command button
named
as
'alfa' continues to be visible in excel-97; command button from control
toolbox.

Activesheet.alfa.Visible = False

Pls advice.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

D/Peter

Yes this code worked in the new sheet.

But I tried the same by placing a new command button and tried and the
command button continues to be seen.

Thnks for the folow up. Pls adv.

brgds/captgnvr

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message

Dear All
The following code does not give any errors but the command button
named
as
'alfa' continues to be visible in excel-97; command button from control
toolbox.

Activesheet.alfa.Visible = False

Pls advice.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

D/Peter

sheets("sheet1").select

With ActiveSheet.alfa
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message

Dear All
The following code does not give any errors but the command button
named
as
'alfa' continues to be visible in excel-97; command button from
control
toolbox.

Activesheet.alfa.Visible = False

Pls advice.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are your sure the button is named "alfa", I don't mean as seen in the names
box left of input bar but in Properties. If the following works that's
confirm you have got your names mixed up.

With ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("alfa")
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

Regards,
Peter T

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
D/Peter

sheets("sheet1").select

With ActiveSheet.alfa
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message

Dear All
The following code does not give any errors but the command
button
named
as
'alfa' continues to be visible in excel-97; command button from
control
toolbox.

Activesheet.alfa.Visible = False

Pls advice.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

D/Peter

The following did nto work.
With ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("alfa")
..Visible = Not .Visible
End With

The following works in a new worksheet
With ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("CommandButton1")
..Visible = Not .Visible
End With

Then I go back to my actual worksheet which is about 1.6mb file and put a
new commandbutton from the control toolbox and it does not work.

As I mentioned I have unprotected the sheet.

Tried so much and pls dont give up and help me as I am keen to know why if
it can work in a new work sheet why it is not working in the work sheet which
i am programming?

brgds/captgnvr

"Peter T" wrote:

Are your sure the button is named "alfa", I don't mean as seen in the names
box left of input bar but in Properties. If the following works that's
confirm you have got your names mixed up.

With ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("alfa")
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

Regards,
Peter T

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
D/Peter

sheets("sheet1").select

With ActiveSheet.alfa
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message

Dear All
The following code does not give any errors but the command
button
named
as
'alfa' continues to be visible in excel-97; command button from
control
toolbox.

Activesheet.alfa.Visible = False

Pls advice.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you added a new button did you rename it or leave it as the default
name (don't rename it).

Regards,
Peter T

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
D/Peter

The following did nto work.

"Peter T" wrote:

Are your sure the button is named "alfa", I don't mean as seen in the
names
box left of input bar but in Properties. If the following works that's
confirm you have got your names mixed up.

With ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("alfa")
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

Regards,
Peter T

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
D/Peter

sheets("sheet1").select

With ActiveSheet.alfa
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message

Dear All
The following code does not give any errors but the command
button
named
as
'alfa' continues to be visible in excel-97; command button
from
control
toolbox.

Activesheet.alfa.Visible = False

Pls advice.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

D/Peter

As I mentioned, I just put the commandbutton and did not change the name.

In short, I just did the same in new worksheet it works and I do the same in
the worksheet I am programming it does not work.

When u going to sleep?? Shall I wait up??

brgds/captgnvr

"Peter T" wrote:

When you added a new button did you rename it or leave it as the default
name (don't rename it).

Regards,
Peter T

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
D/Peter

The following did nto work.

"Peter T" wrote:

Are your sure the button is named "alfa", I don't mean as seen in the
names
box left of input bar but in Properties. If the following works that's
confirm you have got your names mixed up.

With ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("alfa")
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

Regards,
Peter T

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
D/Peter

sheets("sheet1").select

With ActiveSheet.alfa
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message

Dear All
The following code does not give any errors but the command
button
named
as
'alfa' continues to be visible in excel-97; command button
from
control
toolbox.

Activesheet.alfa.Visible = False

Pls advice.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this

Sub test3()
Static b As Boolean
ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Visible = b
b = Not b

Peter T

"Peter T" wrote:

When you added a new button did you rename it or leave it as the default
name (don't rename it).

Regards,
Peter T

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
D/Peter

The following did nto work.

"Peter T" wrote:

Are your sure the button is named "alfa", I don't mean as seen in the
names
box left of input bar but in Properties. If the following works
that's
confirm you have got your names mixed up.

With ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("alfa")
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With

Regards,