Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TRE TRE is offline

Default VBA Form with Calendar Control - Excel 2002 to 2003 compatibility

I've developed, in Excel 2002, a VBA form that uses a Calendar Control
to pick dates.
On SOME Excel 2003 users in the office, but not all, they get an error
trying to load the program (it's a time-sheet program), which says
that an object is unavailable.

From some research to date I have a sense that the issue lies with
references made to Office 10.0 and Excel 10.0 Object Libraries on my
2002 version, and perhaps the calendar control is different in the
11.0 versions, but frankly, I'm getting out of my depth at that point.

Are there some key steps I can take to properly diagnose the
"unavailable object library" ? In particular, is there then an obvious
remedy. like copying some librayr file from my Excel 2002 PC to he
users' Excel 2003 (or 2007) PCs?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it were me, I'd have a 2003 user look at their references in the VBE to
see what's missing as a starting point.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"TRE" wrote:

I've developed, in Excel 2002, a VBA form that uses a Calendar Control
to pick dates.
On SOME Excel 2003 users in the office, but not all, they get an error
trying to load the program (it's a time-sheet program), which says
that an object is unavailable.

From some research to date I have a sense that the issue lies with
references made to Office 10.0 and Excel 10.0 Object Libraries on my
2002 version, and perhaps the calendar control is different in the
11.0 versions, but frankly, I'm getting out of my depth at that point.

Are there some key steps I can take to properly diagnose the
"unavailable object library" ? In particular, is there then an obvious
remedy. like copying some librayr file from my Excel 2002 PC to he
users' Excel 2003 (or 2007) PCs?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TRE TRE is offline

"TRE" wrote:
I've developed, in Excel 2002, a VBA form that uses a Calendar Control
to pick dates.
On SOME Excel 2003 users in the office, but not all, they get an error
trying to load the program (it's a time-sheet program), which says
that an object is unavailable.

From some research to date I have a sense that the issue lies with
references made to Office 10.0 and Excel 10.0 Object Libraries on my
2002 version, and perhaps the calendar control is different in the
11.0 versions, but frankly, I'm getting out of my depth at that point.

Are there some key steps I can take to properly diagnose the
"unavailable object library" ? In particular, is there then an obvious
remedy. like copying some librayr file from my Excel 2002 PC to he
users' Excel 2003 (or 2007) PCs?- Hide quoted text -

It seems that all the references are present, except that the
Microsoft Office 10.0 Object Librayr and Microsfot Excel 10.0 Object
Library are replaced with 11.0 equivalents.
There was also a Calendar Control 10.0 missing, but i've cpoied
something across (MSCAL.OCX?) and now got VBE claiming to know a
certain Calendar Control 11.0. But "copying across" might be some way
short of what's needed...this is where I'm out of my depth.
Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Form with Calendar Control - Excel 2002 to 2003 compatibil

This may help.

http://www.fontstuff.com/mailbag/qvba01.htm
--

"TRE" wrote:
I've developed, in Excel 2002, a VBA form that uses a Calendar Control
to pick dates.
On SOME Excel 2003 users in the office, but not all, they get an error
trying to load the program (it's a time-sheet program), which says
that an object is unavailable.

From some research to date I have a sense that the issue lies with
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TRE TRE is offline

Thanks. This looks helpful. I'll give it a try as soon as I'm back in
the office.

"TRE" wrote:
I've developed, in Excel 2002, a VBA form that uses a Calendar Control
to pick dates.
On SOME Excel 2003 users in the office, but not all, they get an error
trying to load the program (it's a time-sheet program), which says
that an object is unavailable.

From some research to date I have a sense that the issue lies with