Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Ribbon Button not Working with my Referenced Workbook

I have a workbook named "Global Schedule" that my users open with Excel
versions 2003 and 2007. I have a 2003 Add-In that I reference which contains
all of the code to manipulate the Global Schedule.

If 2003 opens the Global Schedule I have code to add a custom popup menu
with some control buttons. These buttons do custom sorts to the Global
Schedule. This part works beautifully.

If 2007 is used to open the Global Schedule then a 2007 Add-In is only used
to change the Ribbon which also contains custom buttons to do my custom
sorts. I want these buttons to call the same procedures that are located in
the referenced workbook - 2003 Add-In. Can I not call procedures from a
referenced workbook in XML? The problem happens when I click the Ribbon
control butttons. I get an Error: "Wrong Number of Arguements or Invalid
Property Assignment." I checked the XML code in the CustomUI Editor and the
buttons onAction has the correct procedure pointing to the 2003 Add-In
reference. I'm not sure what this means because my procedures that the
control button calls does not require arguements. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here is my basic setup:

'GLOBAL SCHEDULE CODE:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

If Val(Application.Version) 11 Then
' open 2007 Add-In which contains XML to change Ribbon
Else
Call CustomMenuControl(ThisWorkbook)

The 2003 Add-In is always open no matter which version of Excel is used
because it contains several modules that I reference to manipulate the Global
Schedule Data.
--
Cheers,
Ryan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

If you use the CustomUI editor to generate the callbacks you will see the
routine requires an Argument.
Have a read of Ron's explanation of how to use same code in both xl2007 and
previous versions

http://www.rondebruin.nl/compatiblemenu.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"RyanH" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Expanding on Andy's post...

I'm not sure what this means because my procedures that the control button
calls does not require arguements.

But the procedure named in your RibbonX must have the arguments it expects.
Example:

In Ribbonx:

<button id="Btn1" label="Btn1" onAction="MyAddin.xla!BtnMac"/

In MyAddin.xla:

Sub BtnMac(Ctrl As Variant) ''< must have this parameter
SubIReallyWantToCall
End Sub

Sub SubIReallyWantToCall()

Jim