Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default choose a range to copy paste based on data in the cells

Is this possible? I have a column of data (cloumn E) and that the cells
either have a numeric value or text. I need a macro that copies the column
only through the numberic values from Column E to Column J. Once the column
switches to text I don't want that section of the column copied or pasted.
e.g.
900
600
110
115
105
1800
1550
AM
EMINI
EMINI
I only need to copy and paste the column for the range that has numbers, but
the range of numeric values can vary even though the numbers will always be
first and start at row 1, I never know when the numeric values will end and
the text will start.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Record a macro when you select that original range (Column E).
Then hit ctrl-g (edit|goto in xl2003 menus)
hit the Special button
check Constants (or Formulas???)
uncheck all the subitems, but leave Numbers checked.

Copy|paste to the new range.

--

Dave Peterson