Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data form not triggering Worksheet_Change event

I'm trying to input some data in a worksheet with the build in Data
Form. After insertion I want a to trigger the Worksheet_Change event
(to validate the input). But data entry with the Data Form won't fire
this change event.
Is there some workaround?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm trying to input some data in a worksheet with the build in Data
Form. After insertion I want a to trigger the Worksheet_Change event
(to validate the input). But data entry with the Data Form won't fire
this change event.
Is there some workaround?

Use the Worksheet_Calculate event instead. The Worksheet_Change event is
fired only when the user changes the worksheet directly, and not via a
userform.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the Worksheet_Calculate event instead. The Worksheet_Change event is
fired only when the user changes the worksheet directly, and not via a
userform.

Please ignore my post - it's wrong. I managed to get the Change event to
fire in these circumstances, so I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your
problem. Apologies.

However, I have had problems in these circumstances before. There are
occasions when you'd expect the Change event to fire - but doesn't - and the
Calculate event does fire, which does the trick. Could you post your code?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But data entry with the Data Form won't fire this change event.

That does seem to an problem. The calc event idea maybe isn't so good
because there is no way to know which cell changed. You might try this
alternative to the built-in Data form from John Walkenbach. It's a better
answer in any case and (I assume) it doesn't block the change event.

http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/dataform/home

--
Jim
"Gompies" wrote in message
I'm trying to input some data in a worksheet with the build in Data
Form. After insertion I want a to trigger the Worksheet_Change event
(to validate the input). But data entry with the Data Form won't fire
this change event.
Is there some workaround?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In article <7189aa38-a4ab-4ca3-9a91-52abeb5f7167
@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, says...

PS. Bret and Gompies are the same persons.

Posted my question at work and replied at home ;o))

Kind regards,
Bret