Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pull Left & Right Text

This is probably very simple, but I need the formula for pulling characters
from the left and right of a text string. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sep 30, 5:11*pm, almostwrite
wrote:
This is probably very simple, but I need the formula for pulling characters
from the left and right of a text string. Thanks!

Look into MID() or RIGHT() or the LEFT() functions. RIGHT("string",4)
would result in "ring"

Is that what you mean?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

myText = "Hello World"
rText = Right(myText, 5) 'Returns "World"
lText = Left(myText, 5) 'Returns "Hello"
mText = Mid(myText, 6, 6) 'Returns " World"