Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Increase date field by 1 day based on current time?

I have a Submission Date cell that is manually entered by users & must always
display what they entered.

I would like to do the following but don't know how:

1) In a new cell (as soon as they have entered the sub date), I would like
to check the time & if it's at or over 5:00pm Eastern time (EST or EDT as
appropriate), I want it to store a date that is 1 day over the manually
entered submission date. If it is not over 5pm, I would like it to contain
the manually submitted date. I can then use that field to more accurately
reflect the turnaround time.

2) If a new date is being stored in the field above, I also want to add a
"rec'd after 5pm" msg to another cell at the end of the record.

Thanks for your help!

--
JoAnn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just thought of something else you need to know ...

the spreadsheet is stored in a Sharepoint server in another country so I
need the time comparison to be based on our time here (Eastern) not the time
on the server.

--
JoAnn