Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trap a user to a cell.

Hi.

I have a file that I need users to enter a password before they can use it.
Ideally, when the file opens a message box fires telling them to enter a
password into cell A2. The passwords work on hidden vlookup tables which
means that I can't password protect the file conventionally. Anyway, is there
any code that will trap the user to a1, disable the mouse/pointer and
direction buttons until a the value of the password has been met. Although
there are many passwords they all will trigger a 1 if the found within the
vlookup table. So therefore, if A1 = 1 then the file is released and normal
controls apply.

Hope this isn't too fiddly!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Gordon
You could set the ScrollArea property of the worksheet to one cell (A1 in
your case)
Worksheets(Sheet1").ScrollArea = "A1"
Then use the Worksheet_Change event to check for the password input.
And finally, when done with the password checking, set the scrollarea back
to normal with:
Worksheets(Sheet1").ScrollArea = ""

HTH
Cordially