Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jc jc is offline

Default Can you check a show modal property

If you hit F1 on the ShowModal property in the Property box of a user form it
says it is read only.

In Sub UserForm_Activate the code:

If Me.ShowModal = False Then
MsgBox "Modeless"
End If

Causes Compile Error: Method ro data member not found

Is there code that can be used to check if a UserForm is Modal or Modeless?
--
CroceJC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi JC

I don't know, but now I'm curious.

I think to test for modeless, the form would have to be loaded.

But it seems that your code would determine how to load the form; so,
I don't understand how you wouldn't know if the form was modeless or
modal.

How would you use such a function if it were to exist?

Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jc jc is offline

I want to use the same form in a case where I want to use it modal and
another case modeless. So when I instanciate it, the Userform_Initialize
procedure can test if modal or modeless and make some adjustments based on
this.
--
CroceJC

"dan dungan" wrote:

Hi JC

I don't know, but now I'm curious.

I think to test for modeless, the form would have to be loaded.

But it seems that your code would determine how to load the form; so,
I don't understand how you wouldn't know if the form was modeless or
modal.

How would you use such a function if it were to exist?

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

just load it anyway you want

Sub test()
UserForm1.Show vbModal
End Sub

Sub test2()
UserForm1.Show vbModeless

Gary

"dan dungan" wrote:

Hi JC

I don't know, but now I'm curious.

I think to test for modeless, the form would have to be loaded.

But it seems that your code would determine how to load the form; so,
I don't understand how you wouldn't know if the form was modeless or
modal.

How would you use such a function if it were to exist?

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jc jc is offline

I don't think you read my previous post close enough. I want to modify the
form when I use it modal so in initiation I need to check what type of show
it is.
--
CroceJC

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

just load it anyway you want

Sub test()
UserForm1.Show vbModal
End Sub

Sub test2()
UserForm1.Show vbModeless

Gary

"dan dungan" wrote:

Hi JC

I don't know, but now I'm curious.

I think to test for modeless, the form would have to be loaded.

But it seems that your code would determine how to load the form; so,
I don't understand how you wouldn't know if the form was modeless or
modal.

How would you use such a function if it were to exist?

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you can add a public variable and make sure you change it before you show
the userform. Then check that variable's value when you need to.

Public UserFormMode as long

Sub test()
userformmode = vbmodal
UserForm1.Show userformmode
End Sub
Sub test2()
userformmode = vbmodeless
UserForm1.Show userformmode
End Sub

Then in your code...

if userformmode = vbmodal then

jc wrote:

I don't think you read my previous post close enough. I want to modify the
form when I use it modal so in initiation I need to check what type of show
it is.
--
CroceJC

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

just load it anyway you want

Sub test()
UserForm1.Show vbModal
End Sub

Sub test2()
UserForm1.Show vbModeless

Gary

"dan dungan" wrote:

Hi JC

I don't know, but now I'm curious.

I think to test for modeless, the form would have to be loaded.

But it seems that your code would determine how to load the form; so,
I don't understand how you wouldn't know if the form was modeless or
modal.

How would you use such a function if it were to exist?

Dan

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jc jc is offline

That would get the job done.
Thanks
--
CroceJC

jc wrote:

I don't think you read my previous post close enough. I want to modify the
form when I use it modal so in initiation I need to check what type of show
it is.
--
CroceJC

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

just load it anyway you want

Sub test()
UserForm1.Show vbModal
End Sub

Sub test2()
UserForm1.Show vbModeless

Gary

show modal NickHK Excel Programming 2 December 20th 06 06:55 AM
Excel Forms-Can i set the modal property? dpt[_6_] Excel Programming 3 August 9th 05 04:39 AM
Forms that are modal in 97 are not modal in 2003 Old Car Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 27th 05 08:25 AM
Forms that are modal in 97 are not modal in 2003 Old Car Excel Programming 1 April 27th 05 08:25 AM
How to check if an object has a certain property? J Excel Programming 1 December 5th 04 11:58 AM