Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Completly hide Quick Access Toolbar

Is there a way to completly hide the quick access toolbar? I have this line
in the Custom UI and it only seems to move it to the top of the page. Any
suggestions?

<tab idMso="QuickAccessToolbar" visible="false"/

--
Cheers,
Ryan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I get an error message: Unknown Office control ID: QuickAccessToolbar when I
try your approach. I bet "Show add-in user interface errors" under Excel
Options, Advanced, General is disabled for you.

I think you have to use <ribbon startFromScratch="true" to suppress the
QAT.

--
Jim
"RyanH" wrote in message
| Is there a way to completly hide the quick access toolbar? I have this
line
| in the Custom UI and it only seems to move it to the top of the page. Any
| suggestions?
|
| <tab idMso="QuickAccessToolbar" visible="false"/
|
| --
| Cheers,
| Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are right! Like I said I am a total beginner with XML. I am actually
getting another error when I try to make the Developer Tab hidden.

1.) Is there a one liner piece of code that would hide all tabs, instead of
what I have below?

2.) Is there in help in the Custom UI? I don't see any. Where could I get
a good reference to learn XML, instead of posting to this site everytime I
need something?

<tab idMso="TabHome" visible="false"/
<tab idMso="TabInsert" visible="false"/
<tab idMso="TabPageLayoutExcel" visible="false"/
<tab idMso="TabFormulas" visible="false"/
<tab idMso="TabData" visible="false"/
<tab idMso="TabReview" visible="false"/
<tab idMso="TabView" visible="false"/
Error <tab idMso="TabDeveloper" visible="false"/

--
Cheers,
Ryan

"RyanH" wrote in message
| Is there a way to completly hide the quick access toolbar? I have this
line
| in the Custom UI and it only seems to move it to the top of the page. Any
| suggestions?
|
| <tab idMso="QuickAccessToolbar" visible="false"/
|
| --
| Cheers,
| Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Like I said "startfromscratch" mode. It's mentioned he

Jim
"RyanH" wrote in message
| You are right! Like I said I am a total beginner with XML. I am actually
| getting another error when I try to make the Developer Tab hidden.
|
| 1.) Is there a one liner piece of code that would hide all tabs, instead
of
| what I have below?
|
| 2.) Is there in help in the Custom UI? I don't see any. Where could I
get
| a good reference to learn XML, instead of posting to this site everytime I
| need something?
|
| <tab idMso="TabHome" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabInsert" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabPageLayoutExcel" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabFormulas" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabData" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabReview" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabView" visible="false"/
| Error <tab idMso="TabDeveloper" visible="false"/
|
| --
| Cheers,
| Ryan
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| I get an error message: Unknown Office control ID: QuickAccessToolbar
when I
| try your approach. I bet "Show add-in user interface errors" under
Excel
| Options, Advanced, General is disabled for you.
|
| I think you have to use <ribbon startFromScratch="true" to suppress the
| QAT.
|
| --
| Jim
| "RyanH" wrote in message
| | Is there a way to completly hide the quick access toolbar? I have
this
| line
| | in the Custom UI and it only seems to move it to the top of the page.
Any
| | suggestions?
| |
| | <tab idMso="QuickAccessToolbar" visible="false"/
| |
| | --
| | Cheers,
| | Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ah, I thought that only applied to the QAT. Cool! Thanks for the reference!
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"RyanH" wrote in message
| You are right! Like I said I am a total beginner with XML. I am actually
| getting another error when I try to make the Developer Tab hidden.
|
| 1.) Is there a one liner piece of code that would hide all tabs, instead
of
| what I have below?
|
| 2.) Is there in help in the Custom UI? I don't see any. Where could I
get
| a good reference to learn XML, instead of posting to this site everytime I
| need something?
|
| <tab idMso="TabHome" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabInsert" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabPageLayoutExcel" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabFormulas" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabData" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabReview" visible="false"/
| <tab idMso="TabView" visible="false"/
| Error <tab idMso="TabDeveloper" visible="false"/
|
| --
| Cheers,
| Ryan
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| I get an error message: Unknown Office control ID: QuickAccessToolbar
when I
| try your approach. I bet "Show add-in user interface errors" under
Excel
| Options, Advanced, General is disabled for you.
|
| I think you have to use <ribbon startFromScratch="true" to suppress the
| QAT.
|
| --
| Jim
| "RyanH" wrote in message
| | Is there a way to completly hide the quick access toolbar? I have
this
| line
| | in the Custom UI and it only seems to move it to the top of the page.
Any
| | suggestions?
| |