Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update a word form from Excel - tips?

Hello everyone, firstly I have a Word document for employee details, I get
the employee details from a database using Excel as a front end and wish to
put various fields into the word document.

Not done much on Excel to Word so I was wondering if anyone could throw some
tips my way, especially if those tips were to do with placing information on
certain lines?

EG I have at the moment on the form

Name: ___________

now the underscores are simply that, underscores is there something I can
add after "Name:" to make insertion easier? Perhaps some type of placeholder
that I can simply then go (in some form)
wordDocument.PlaceHolders(2).value = rs.getField("fldName").value
(that rs.etc might be wrong as just writing this up without looking).

Cheers!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think you're looking for mail merge

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"NateBuckley" wrote:

Hello everyone, firstly I have a Word document for employee details, I get
the employee details from a database using Excel as a front end and wish to
put various fields into the word document.

Not done much on Excel to Word so I was wondering if anyone could throw some
tips my way, especially if those tips were to do with placing information on
certain lines?

EG I have at the moment on the form

Name: ___________

now the underscores are simply that, underscores is there something I can
add after "Name:" to make insertion easier? Perhaps some type of placeholder
that I can simply then go (in some form)
wordDocument.PlaceHolders(2).value = rs.getField("fldName").value
(that rs.etc might be wrong as just writing this up without looking).

Cheers!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I like usijng the Macro Recorder when I have problems figuring out how to
write code that I haven't done before. try recording the instructions using
the Macro Recorder in Word. Also If you have problems with Word instructions
ask the Word Discussion Group.