Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet Activate event not firing

I have a large spreadsheet with several worksheets. On two of the larger
worksheets, the Activate event is NOT being triggered when I select that
sheet while viewing another sheet.
1. I have verified that Application.EnableEvents is TRUE
2. I have deleted and re-created the event procedure by selecting the
pulldown
3. The Change and SelectionChange events ARE being triggered in that
worksheet
4. The Activate event IS being triggered in the other sheets
5. I even tried creating a new sheet and pasting the data and event
procedures
into it, but it does not trigger either.
Any suggestions on what may be causing this behavior?

InTHANKSAdvance,
....jz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does the Worksheet_Activate code work on another worksheet? I'd put a
breakpoint early in the activate code to see if it gets there. It may be
erroring out for some reason.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"Jim Zeeb" wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet with several worksheets. On two of the larger
worksheets, the Activate event is NOT being triggered when I select that
sheet while viewing another sheet.
1. I have verified that Application.EnableEvents is TRUE
2. I have deleted and re-created the event procedure by selecting the
pulldown
3. The Change and SelectionChange events ARE being triggered in that
worksheet
4. The Activate event IS being triggered in the other sheets
5. I even tried creating a new sheet and pasting the data and event
procedures
into it, but it does not trigger either.
Any suggestions on what may be causing this behavior?

InTHANKSAdvance,
...jz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Barb,

Yes, Worksheet_Activate IS getting triggered in all the other sheets (except
2).
I put a breakpoint on the first executable statement in each procedure.
That is how I can tell what is being triggered and what is not.

....jim

"Jim Zeeb" wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet with several worksheets. On two of the larger
worksheets, the Activate event is NOT being triggered when I select that
sheet while viewing another sheet.
1. I have verified that Application.EnableEvents is TRUE
2. I have deleted and re-created the event procedure by selecting the
pulldown
3. The Change and SelectionChange events ARE being triggered in that
worksheet
4. The Activate event IS being triggered in the other sheets
5. I even tried creating a new sheet and pasting the data and event
procedures
into it, but it does not trigger either.
Any suggestions on what may be causing this behavior?

InTHANKSAdvance,
...jz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Barb,

Your first question was covered by item 4 in my original post.
Your second question was covered by item 5 in my original post.

Thanks,
....jim