Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vie Vie is offline

Default Macro Protection

Hi, I want to protect my macros so noone can change them. I have tried using
the VBA Editor, Tools menu, VBA Project Properties, then the Protection tab
and enter a password, but this doesn't work.

Any ideas, I'm using 2007.

Many thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

While the built-in protection for a VBA project works, it is very
weak. There are any number of password crackers available on the
Internet that can break the password. I use VBAKey from Passware that
will break the password in a matter of seconds. VBA's security is not
adequate for protecting proprietary data or code with intellectual
property value. For that level of protection, you should create a COM
add-in with VB6 or VBNET or C#. With a COM add-in, only the compiled
code is distributed to the user --- source code is never distributed.,

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group