Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need mulitple lines in a cell

I am putting together data to be imported into MSACCESS. In one field in
ACCESS you can have multiple lines, but in excel they show up in one cell.

How can I enter data into excel but in the access field show mulitple lines

data is as such
Dodge, Charger, 2007
in Access when displayed as
Dodge
Charger
2007

I hope this is clear
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want the data in Access to show down a single field, I'd suggest
making the change in Excel first.

Got to Data - Text to columns, pick comma to break it up, then highlight the
data, go to a blank cell, paste special transpose...

"shakaree" wrote:

I am putting together data to be imported into MSACCESS. In one field in
ACCESS you can have multiple lines, but in excel they show up in one cell.

How can I enter data into excel but in the access field show mulitple lines

data is as such
Dodge, Charger, 2007
in Access when displayed as
Dodge
Charger
2007

I hope this is clear

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the response, this does not get the 3 pieces of data into a single
cell. I already have the data separated and can put it all together in one
cell but not with end of line indicators so access sees an enter and places
the second piece of data on a separate line within the same field.