Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default average of column

This is a really simple one for most of you, but I'm trying to do the average
of one column, put the average in the cell below the column, then copy that
average across several other columns to the right.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the AVERAGE() Function in a cell. Select the cell you want the average
in and type this: =AVERAGE(A1:A30)

You will have to change the range to fit your needs.

Hope this helps!
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"lostinexcel" wrote:

This is a really simple one for most of you, but I'm trying to do the average
of one column, put the average in the cell below the column, then copy that
average across several other columns to the right.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Say that you want to average columns A through D with the numbers starting
in row 2:

Sub PutInAverages()
Dim myRow As Long
myRow = Cells(Rows.Count,1).End(xlUp).Row
Cells(myRow +1,1).Resize(1,4).Formula = "=AVERAGE(A2:A" & myRow & ")"
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"lostinexcel" wrote in message
This is a really simple one for most of you, but I'm trying to do the
average
of one column, put the average in the cell below the column, then copy
that
average across several other columns to the right.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for the response. It worked.