Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Get value from one row to another

Hi ,
My ods file is as follows

ID Name
1 Avil

2 Asif

1 Avil

I want "Avil" Should come automatically in second column when I type "1" in
first column.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Depending upon what your specific application requirement is I would
use a Lookup Table.

Establish a Lookup Table on another Worksheet, as per the following
example:

ID Name
1 Avil
2 Asif
3 Achuk
4 Bina
5 Bana
6 Jack
7 Fred

Note the ID column entries must be sequentially ascending.

Create a dynamic range name (Insert|Name|Define). Call it ID. In the
Refers to: field type =OFFSET(Sheet1!$H$20,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$H:
$H),COUNTA(Sheet1!$20:$20)) where the first referenced cell is the top
right cell of the range (ID in the above example), the first COUNTA is
references the first column of the lookup table and the second COUNTA
references the Header Row number. This allows you to add more people
to the Lookup Table and it will expand automatically.

On your data entry Worksheet in the second column type the following
formula and copy down for as many rows as you like....

=IF(ISBLANK(A21),"",VLOOKUP(A21,ID,2))

The ISBLANK condition will automatically blank fill the second column
cells until you enter data in the adjacent column 1 cell. The VLOOKUP
parameters are reference cell, lookup table dynamic range name, column
containing result.

Bear in mind that the column 2 values are derived from formulas and
are not locked in. You will need to copy and paste values to lock
these in.

Over to you