-   -   at excel start need macro to remove autofilter & apply sort mult t (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/417307-excel-start-need-macro-remove-autofilter-apply-sort-mult-t.html)

Nullentropy

at excel start need macro to remove autofilter & apply sort mult t

I am working on a shared database, stored on a central network folder, that
has multiple users entering in data. The workbook has 7 main Tab sheets,
each with about 16-20 columns for data entry. Two columns are important: 1)
Reference number for the entry. 2) Recipe title, which is a main search
category. I have applied an Auto Filter to allow users to filter what
entries they look at.

I recorded a macro that will remove the Auto Filter when run so that all
entries show and are sorted by ascending entry number.

Problem: How do I get these Macros to run Automatically when the file is
opened in excel? And how do I get a hyperlink to launch when the file is
opened as well?

Lonnie M.

at excel start need macro to remove autofilter & apply sort multt

Hi, see the two links below, they should get you started:

Open event to start automatically:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Events.aspx

Launch hyperlink:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...llow+hyperlink