Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I would like to block access to my VBA coding

Hi - I am circulating my program to several 'soccer moms' to use as a
scorekeeping and record keeping program. I would like to block
'casual' access to the Visual Basic Macros - I am not trying to secure
them from a serious hacker or anything - but I do not want a user to
accidentally open up the Visual Basic screen and hit a few keys in
frustration and cause the whole thing to crash. One person did that
already - they opened VBA and did not know what it was or how to close
it, and by the time they were done... whew.

Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can hide your code from those casual prying eyes, but I don't think you can
stop them from opening the VBE.

To stop them from viewing your code:
Open your workbook
Open the VBE
Select your workbook's project
Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab

Give it a memorable password.

Back to excel
Save your workbook
Close your workbook
Reopen it to test

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the VBE bring up your Project Explorer if it is not already open. Right
click the Project and select project properties. On the Protection tab ckeck
Lock project from viewing and add a password. This password is quite robust
and not easily hacked so pick a password that you are going to remember...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson