Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vba - Access Setup Question

Hello I have an Access Database containing a table called Employees which has
a large number of records and various other fields of information. A few of
these employees are trainers, now what I'd like to know - is there some way
to make a new table only containing trainers depending on who is a trainer.

I can grab all the employees and just go through the record set in vba
checking if each one is a trainer and if so get that records details, but
this seems like too long a loop when perhaps Access could do it for me.

is there any way to perhaps make a new table and only contain records from
employee where record isTrainer. So fill my table automatically so I don't
have to reenter employee details that already exist in table employee.

I don't really use databases that often so perhaps this is a rather "newb"
question.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oops, Doesn't matter, I can just use SQL Statement "WHERE"

silly Nathan.

Thanks anyways, still would be nice to have trainers also in their own
table, so i can just get them all but I can just use WHERE.

"NateBuckley" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
if i understand correctly, i think it might be better if you did this in
access. access has a "make table" query that would be perfect for what you
want.

regards
FST1

"NateBuckley" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could bring them all back into a recordset and filter the recordset as
and when needed.

--
HTH

Bob