Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XLDialog for setting the Print Area of a worksheet

Hi,

can anyone point me in the direction of which XLDialog can set the PrintArea
of a worksheet from VBA (with no user entry) - I want to use the Show method
and pass in the arguments

thanks
Philip
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
in xl help type "built-in dialog box arguments lists"
there isn't a xldialog for print_area only.
excel conciders print_area as a named range and Print_area shows up in the
xldialogDefineName dialog box. the name "Print_Area" is an excel reserved
name.
in a macro, print_area is set like
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$E$44"
or if pre-selected
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = selection

regards
FSt1