Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default formula to define the number of gallons used

I need to separate three chemicals and break down the totals of each on one
spread sheet. I need direction on how to create formula's to handle the
thousands of gallons my organization uses of each! I just started this job
and wish to impress the boss please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Micorsoft has a numbe of free excel templetes you may want to look at the
link below. They have some inventory control and PO templetes that may be
close to your needs.

You may also want to look at Access Database templetes which may also meet
your requirements.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...485751033.aspx

"CindyAnn" wrote:

I need to separate three chemicals and break down the totals of each on one
spread sheet. I need direction on how to create formula's to handle the
thousands of gallons my organization uses of each! I just started this job
and wish to impress the boss please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Otto,

I am in the process today of creating the spread sheet. We can assume
Column A will have three cells with a formula to calculate the percentage of
the three chemicals per gallon. In row A, cell one, I will input the number
of gallons, I need cells 3,6 and 9 to populate automatically with the number
of gallons used for the chemical used based on the percentage within that
formula. Thank you for your responce! ~CindyAnn

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Cindy
You have to give us more info. For instance, what is the layout of your
data? That is, what's in Column A? Column B?, etc? Now, obviously, you
want these formulas to give you some information. What information? Where
do you want this information and what do you want it to look like? It would
help if you told us, in detail, exactly what you would do if you had to do
this manually, without formulas. HTH Otto
"CindyAnn" wrote in message
I need to separate three chemicals and break down the totals of each on one
spread sheet. I need direction on how to create formula's to handle the
thousands of gallons my organization uses of each! I just started this
job
and wish to impress the boss please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Joel,
I have searched the templates and have not found what I need. If you know
of one that will assist me, will you post the name?
Thanks ~CindyAnn