Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Customized function

Hello,

I'm trying to write a simple function in VBA and to use it in the worksheet.
I do the following steps:
1. Alt+F11
2. Defining the function:
Function Koah(duration, percentage As Double) As Double
Koah = duration * percentage / 12
End Function

3. Closing VBA
But the name of the function doesn't appear in the list of "All" functions,
and excel don't recognize my customized function.

I tried to write a macro with this function - and it works, the problem that
I need to use the function without the macro.

Is it something Excel definitions?

Please help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make sure the function is in a standard module.
User Defined Functions (UDFs) are very easy to install and use:

1. ALT-F11 brings up the VBE window
2. ALT-I
ALT-M opens a fresh module
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the UDF will be saved with it.

To remove the UDF:

1. bring up the VBE window as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To use the UDF from Excel:

=koah(A1,A2)

To learn more about macros in general, see:

or

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Writin...ionsInVBA.aspx
for specifics on UDFs

--