Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I use Excel to measure time?

I am doing a science fair project which involves human reaction times. Can I
set Excel up to measure and record the time between two inputs (keystrokes,
mouse clicks, etc...). Does Excel have a "stopwatch" function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
excel doesn't have a built in "stopwatch" but a number of people have wanted
such.
see this site.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm
all about time and dates, how to calculate, measure, extract, ect.
this is a large site but down towards the bottom is a "timer". not sure if
you can use it but it might give you ideas.

Regards
FSt1

"David94" wrote:

I am doing a science fair project which involves human reaction times. Can I
set Excel up to measure and record the time between two inputs (keystrokes,
mouse clicks, etc...). Does Excel have a "stopwatch" function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As a scientist to be, I can sympathize with your plight. check out this sight:
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=242

This may be another option for you:
http://www.freewarefiles.com/downloa...programid=9616

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"David94" wrote:

I am doing a science fair project which involves human reaction times. Can I
set Excel up to measure and record the time between two inputs (keystrokes,
mouse clicks, etc...). Does Excel have a "stopwatch" function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Option Explicit
Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)
Private Declare Function timeGetTime Lib "winmm.dll" () As Long

Sub Test()

Dim lStartTime As Long

Randomize

Sleep (Int((10 * Rnd) + 1) * 1000)

lStartTime = timeGetTime()

MsgBox "Press the Enter key as fast as you can", , _
"reaction speed tester"

MsgBox "reactiom time: " & timeGetTime() - lStartTime & " milli-seconds",
, _
"reaction speed tester"

End Sub

RBS