Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Count - Coloured Cells

Hi All,

I am working on one sheet in which one cloumn has either Yes or No. I am
involve in the process of reviewing the sheet and once I am done with any
cell then I colour that in blue(using fill colour).

I want to count either of Yes or No which have been coloured Blue. Is it
possible.

Even if I filter i get Yes or No , both whethered coloured or not. Please
Help.

Thanks
SS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want to do what you do with colored cells, then you will need VBA to
count those cells. This macro will do that. I assumed the column with the
colored cells is H and that your data starts in row 2. HTH Otto
Sub CountBlue()
Dim rColH As Range, i As Range, c As Long
Set rColH = Range("H2", Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
c = 0
For Each i In rColH
If i.Interior.ColorIndex = 41 Then _
c = c + 1