Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Controlling the file

I have a setup to control a file as follows:

User opens FileOne.xls :
FileOne has a Macro to open FileTwo.xls. The VBA is password protected.
FileTwo.xls has a password on the file. I am the only one with the password
for FileTwo.xls and therefore the users have to use FileOne.xls Macro to open
FileTwo.xls. I do this to force the user to use the macros in FileTwo.

Now when the user is in FileTwo.xls they can change the password under Menu
Tools / Options / Security. I do not want this. What do I need to do so a
user cannot change the password on the passworded file. It does not make
sense to me that a user could just go to Menu / Tools / Options / Security
and change the password.

You cannot just disable the Tools on the menu because a user could just open
a new file and write code to enable it again.

How do I fix this?

Thank you,

Steven
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as the password goes, I've found code on line that unlocks
workbooks/worksheets that are password protected, so I'm guessing you're out
of luck there.

Maybe someone else has an idea.
--
HTH,