-   -   Debug Print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/415933-debug-print.html)

Mike H.

Debug Print

What does "debug print" do? Nothing seems to come out on the printer. So
where does it print to?

I found this code on a posting from a while back but I get an error (Runtime
Error 438, Object doesn't support this property or method) when running it:

For Each ctl In Application.Commandbars("Worksheet Menu
Bar").Controls"File").Controls
Debug.Print ctl.Name, ctl.Id
Next Ctl

dustinbrearton via OfficeKB.com

Debug Print

When in the Vicual Basic Editor look a tthe bottom of the screen. There
should be a section called the Immeadiate Window. You will see the results
of any Debug.Print in that pane. If the immeadiate window is not visible
then go to View in the tool bar and select Immeadiate window. Debug Print is
used for debugging (fixing errors in code).

Mike H. wrote:
What does "debug print" do? Nothing seems to come out on the printer. So
where does it print to?

I found this code on a posting from a while back but I get an error (Runtime
Error 438, Object doesn't support this property or method) when running it:

For Each ctl In Application.Commandbars("Worksheet Menu
Bar").Controls"File").Controls
Debug.Print ctl.Name, ctl.Id
Next Ctl

Barb Reinhardt

Debug Print

If you don't see the Immediate window, press CTRL G to display it within the
VBE.

Try this for code

Sub test()
Dim Ctl As CommandBarControl
For Each Ctl In Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls
Debug.Print Ctl.Index, Ctl.ID, Ctl.Caption
Next Ctl

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Mike H." wrote:

What does "debug print" do? Nothing seems to come out on the printer. So
where does it print to?

I found this code on a posting from a while back but I get an error (Runtime
Error 438, Object doesn't support this property or method) when running it:

For Each ctl In Application.Commandbars("Worksheet Menu
Bar").Controls"File").Controls
Debug.Print ctl.Name, ctl.Id
Next Ctl

Mike H.

Debug Print

I see the stuff in Immediate. If I want to get this same info for the "Send
To" options on the File Menu, how would I do that?