Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error refreshing pivot tables in Sharepoint

Does anyone know how to refresh pivot tables in Sharepoint?

I have no problem with pivot tables on the desktop, but I can't get them to
work in Sharepoint. The source is in Sharepoint. I have no problem building
the report (probably because the source is open), but when I close the source
and try to refresh the report, I get errors because the connection is lost.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've seen issues with Pivot Tables in SharePoint where the files are
downloaded and then re-uploaded to the site. Take a look at the Pivot
Source for the pivot table.

Right Click on the Pivot table and select Pivot Table Wizard.
Select BACK
On "Where is the data that you want to use?" I've seen the range change
depending on how the workbook is saved in SharePoint.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"PurpleMilk" wrote:

Does anyone know how to refresh pivot tables in Sharepoint?

I have no problem with pivot tables on the desktop, but I can't get them to
work in Sharepoint. The source is in Sharepoint. I have no problem building
the report (probably because the source is open), but when I close the source
and try to refresh the report, I get errors because the connection is lost.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I checked the source, and it shows the Sharepoint URL path then the file name
- looks right. But when I "refresh", the message shows the file name can't
be found (but only displays the file name not the Sharepoint URL as well).

This doesn't make any sense at all.

I rebuilt the report in Sharepoint where the source is also in Sharepoint.
As mentioned earlier, it put the data on the report no problem the first
time, but as soon as the source is closed there is no longer any connection
and the refresh won't happen.