Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default look up

I have an almost random sheet of numbers and words in different cells
and rows.

What I need is a formula that can do a couple of things:
On a seperate sheet I want to have a formula that looks for "Run
number" in colum C show me the what is beside it in Colum D

I also need to offset in some cases so if the "Run number" is found in
C678 I want to offset to D785

Please help

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How do I select more then one cell once I have found "run number"

I also need to find ---C--- but I need to find the correct one....The
one I need is going to have a larger number below it then any other ---
C--- in the colum.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure what you want. Could be done with a sum(if(max array formula
If desired, send your workbook along with a very clear and detailed
explanation of what you want and before/after example.
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

wrote in message
How do I select more then one cell once I have found "run number"

I also need to find ---C--- but I need to find the correct one....The
one I need is going to have a larger number below it then any other ---
C--- in the colum.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I could get this to work if I just knew how to select a range
once I find "run number"

I want to offset over on colum and then from there copy one row 25
colums over.

In another area I want to copy 6 rows 10 colums over.

I tried this
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
ActiveCell = r1
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 25) = r2