Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert macro that runs against entire column to run in current row

I'm using the following code to run through a column (F) combining
contents of two other columns and change font characteristics of the
first couple of characters. I have since created a form that allows
the user to enter information. When I click OK on my user form that
enters all of the info, I would like to call a macro that performs the
same thing but only on the row just added. Seems simple enough but I
can't seem to get my head around it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Columns("F:F").Select
With Selection.Font
..Name = "Times New Roman"
..FontStyle = "Regular"
..Size = 11
End With
With ActiveSheet
r = ActiveSheet.Cells(.Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row
End With
For i = 2 To r
If IsEmpty(Cells(i, 4)) = True Then
Cells(i, 6).Value = Cells(i, 5).Value
With Cells(i, 6).Characters(Start:=1, Length:=3).Font
..FontStyle = "Bold"
End With
Else
Cells(i, 6).Value = Cells(i, 4).Value & ": " & Cells(i, 5).Value
With Cells(i, 6).Characters(Start:=1, Length:=2).Font
..FontStyle = "Bold"
End With
With Cells(i, 6).Characters(Start:=1, Length:=3).Font
..Size = 8
End With
End If
Next
Range("F1").Select
Selection.Font.Bold = True
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert macro that runs against entire column to run in current ro

*untested code*

Sub ddd()

Dim r As Long
Dim i As Long

With Columns("F:F").Font
.Name = "Times New Roman"
.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Size = 11
End With

r = Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row
With Cells(r, 6)
If IsEmpty(Cells(r, 4)) = True Then
.Value = Cells(r, 5).Value
.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=3).Font.FontStyle = "Bold"
Else
.Value = Cells(r, 4).Value & ": " & Cells(r, 5).Value
.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=2).Font.FontStyle = "Bold"
.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=3).Font.Size = 8
End If
End With

Range("F1").Font.Bold = True

Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

" wrote:
[...]

End Sub- Hide quoted text -

perfectamundo. I knew it would be easy. Many thanks