Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Button Problem

I have this macro that places a submit button on my worksheet.
It works the first time correctly. Everytime it is used after that it fails
to repeat the first macro, "RawdatatoSummary" and then follows through with
the second macro "Module1.Save". How do I get the Button Macro to repeat the
"RawdatatoSummary" and then "Module1Save" over many times?

ActiveSheet.Buttons.Add(156.75, 36.75, 73.5, 22.5).Select
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Submit").Select
Selection.Characters.Text = "Submit"
With Selection.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=8).Font
.Name = "Arial"
.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Size = 10
.Strikethrough = False
.Superscript = False
.Subscript = False
.OutlineFont = False
.Shadow = False
.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
Selection.OnAction = "RawDatatoSummary"
Selection.OnAction = "Module1.Save"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A button can only have one OnAction. you need to acll a main calling
procedure taht calls the two individual macros...

Selection.OnAction = "Module1.DoStuff"

In Module 1 add
sub DoStuff
call RawDatatoSummary
call SaveStuff
end sub

In module 1 change your existing macro frm Save to SaveStuff or something
else as Save is a reserved word in VBA...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"EmmieLou" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks so much. I am still having a little trouble. Is it possible to
combine these two macros? I have functions for each action in SubSaveStuff.
Sub RawDatatoSummary()
Rows("3:3").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Summary").Select
Rows("3:3").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Sheets("Raw Data").Select
Columns("I:I").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Summary").Select
Columns("I:I").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Sheets("Raw Data").Select
Range("A8:H10000").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Summary").Select
Range("A8").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

AND

Sub SaveStuff()
Dim PedigreeID As Integer
Dim SurveyID As Integer

'Get the corresponding row from the Pedigrees sheet - insert a new
pedigree if necessary
PedigreeID = GetPedigreeRow()

'Get the corresponding row from the Surveys sheet - insert a new survey
if necessary
SurveyID = GetSurveyRow(PedigreeID)

'Insert count information
Call InsertRecords(SurveyID)

Call ClearForm

"EmmieLou" wrote:

[...]

Button Text Problem AndyM Excel Programming 1 May 16th 08 02:18 PM
Button Problem JT Excel Programming 1 November 17th 07 06:16 AM
Problem with command button name Jason[_9_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 10 October 19th 07 09:54 PM
Cut Button Problem maperalia Excel Programming 2 July 11th 07 06:18 PM
Option button problem Paul Excel Programming 1 July 23rd 04 02:07 PM