Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Concatenate

Hello...

I have a worksheet with several columns in it. I want to add a new column
at the beginning. Then I need to concatenate three columns with specific
headings. e.g. from all the columns, I have to concatenate columns with
headings "ID", "Name" and "Place". (The sequence of these columns is not
fixed in the worksheet).

ID KEY NAME JOB PLACE
100 500 JOHN T NY
123 567 MARIA P SF

In this case, the new column should be created before "ID" and its contents
will be "100JOHNNY", "123MARIASF" and so on.

Is there any macro to do this automatically?

Thank You
Regards,
Pawan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Why use a macro when u can simply use a formula ?

Assuming the order of the headings is always the same.
=B1&D1&F1 (where B=ID, D=Name, F=Place)

& copy/paste the formula till where you need it.
HTH,
--
Tausif Mohammed