Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find SearchOrder?

the SearchOrder parameter doesn't seem to do anything in the Find
method. Whichever I use (XlByRows, XlByColimns) it seems to search in
the same way.

I am assuming that xlByrows would have it search row by row and
XlByColumns search Column by Column. Am I in error? I try both but it
searches by columns with both parameters.

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

By row and by column works as you have described it. Place "A" in Cells A1,
B5 and C1 of a blank sheet. Do a find for "A"

By Rows the order is
A1, C1, B5
By columns
A1, B5, C1

Or at least that is how it works for me...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson