Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can this be done with VBA ?

I think I'm making this much harder than it should be so I thought I'd ask
this forum for some advice. I've got a spreadsheet that looks something like
this:

location item# weight
A 1 0.75
B 1 0.75
c 1 0.925
A 2 1.5
B 2 1.5
C 2 1.5
A 3 2.25
A 4 5.75

There can be up to 20 location codes and any number of items, with weights
that may or may not match. What I am trying to do is loop through the data
to determine for all item # if the weight identical for all locations. If
true (or if the item exists at only one location) I want to copy that data to
tab in the workbork named "weight OK" - if false I want to copy that data to
a tab in the workbook named "weight exception". The data is sorted already
by Item# & location.

I seem to be suffering from some sort of "writers block" on this...can
anyone provide some suggestions ?

Thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know this doesn't answer your question - but just because multiple
locations show the same weight for an item or the weight for the item
is only found once - that doesn't make it "ok".

Are verified weights for your items unavailable? To me it seems like
you should be verifiying the weights against a known table.

Cliff Edwards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cliff - you have a valid point with your comments, and I even asked the
person who gave me this project the same question....her reply..."that's not
what we are worried about at this point in time...we are concerned that some
locations have different weights..."

Thanks for the insight...I can appreicate it !