Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tips to speed up VBA with several workbooks open.

I was wondering if there are any tips out there to allow faster
execution of VBA with several workbooks open?

For example, I have a macro that deletes some cells contents in five
different sheets in the same workbook.

With no other workbooks open it takes 2 seconds to complete.
With other workbooks then it takes more than 10 seconds to complete.
This is just an example.
Obviously the fact that there are other workbooks open has an impact
on the execution.
Any way to speed up this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am using screenupdating all over the place yes...
Manual Calculation not so much, I will give it a try to see if it
makes a difference.

wrote in message

I was wondering if there are any tips out there to allow faster
execution of VBA with several workbooks open?

For example, I have a macro that deletes some cells contents in five
different sheets in the same workbook.

With no other workbooks open it takes 2 seconds to complete.
With other workbooks then it takes more than 10 seconds to complete.
This is just an example.
Obviously the fact that there are other workbooks open has an impact
on the execution.
Any way to speed up this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why does it slow so much with several workbooks opened with no links
between them?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 11 Aug, 17:50, " wrote:
Why does it slow so much with several workbooks opened with no links
between them?

Maybe because for every change in ActiveWorkbook are recalculated all
opened
wbooks ...it's an ideea , I'm not shure.

I has problems with delete of cell contents and I found that
Range("...")ClearContents
work faster than Range("...").Delete