Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pop up during calculation

I would like a temporary message box to appear momentarily when a macro is
activated.

The macro typically takes 10 seconds or more to run and at the start i would
like a box to pop up saying "calculation in progress" for a few seconds and
then disappear without the need to press a button.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Roger
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make a userform with the message you want to display, then show it at
the beginning of your procedure and close (unload) it at the end.

Cliff Edwards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

here's an option. create a userform with a label on it

Sub test()
With UserForm1
.Show vbModeless
.Label1.Caption = "Calculating...Please Wait"
End With
DoEvents
Application.Wait (Now() + TimeValue("00:00:10"))
Unload UserForm1

Gary

"Roger on Excel" wrote in message
I would like a temporary message box to appear momentarily when a macro is
activated.

The macro typically takes 10 seconds or more to run and at the start i would
like a box to pop up saying "calculation in progress" for a few seconds and
then disappear without the need to press a button.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I usually use
Application.StatusBar = "Enter your message" 'to display the message

and
Application.StatusBar = False 'to turn it off.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Roger on Excel" wrote:

I would like a temporary message box to appear momentarily when a macro is
activated.

The macro typically takes 10 seconds or more to run and at the start i would
like a box to pop up saying "calculation in progress" for a few seconds and
then disappear without the need to press a button.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can one change the font to bold do you know?

No. The font and style of the StatusBar is fixed and cannot be changed,.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson