Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting up a formula

Can someone explain if it is possible to create the following formula: If
column c = jma, then column f = (column d x 75). I am trying to set up a
simple billing sheet for an attorney that I work for and I want it to
automatically multiply the time entered by the correct billing amount (which
would be based on whether it is the paralegal's initials or the attorney's
initials in column c). Does this make sense? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
--
Jolie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:41:01 -0700, Jolie wrote:

Can someone explain if it is possible to create the following formula: If
column c = jma, then column f = (column d x 75). I am trying to set up a
simple billing sheet for an attorney that I work for and I want it to
automatically multiply the time entered by the correct billing amount (which
would be based on whether it is the paralegal's initials or the attorney's
initials in column c). Does this make sense? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

In cell f1,
=IF(c1="jma",d1*75,whatever you do if c1<"jma")

The "whatever you do..." part should be the formula applied if c1 isn't
jma, something like d1*100 probably.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Say C1 can have either ip (for Inexpensive Paralegal) or ea (for Expensive
Attorney). Then in F1 enter:

=IF(C1="ip",D1*75,D1*250)

This way ip books at $75/hr and ea books at $250/hr
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200798