Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combo boxes go all funny!

Using Excel 2003 SP3. My combo boxes are going all funny! For no
reason (?) they get smaller and the fonts get bigger/smaller/wider
(and I have to replace them with new ones and it happens again!).

Does anybody know why this is happening please?

Thanks
Hiran
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Right click the combo box and select Format Control. Chech the size tab and
uncheck lock aspect ratio if it is checked or the more likely cause is on the
Properties tab. Change the radio button settings as needed...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Hiran" wrote:

Using Excel 2003 SP3. My combo boxes are going all funny! For no
reason (?) they get smaller and the fonts get bigger/smaller/wider
(and I have to replace them with new ones and it happens again!).

Does anybody know why this is happening please?

Thanks
Hiran

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jim.

Actually this is one of the controls in View Toolbars Control
Toolbox - (not Forms).

My problem looks like a corruption in some way, but I don't know what
- a bug in Excel? In my client's installation? Resources on PC? The
corruption gets 'saved' when you save the file.

Any thoughts anyone?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 8, 7:59*am, Hiran wrote:
Using Excel 2003 SP3. My combo boxes are going all funny! For no
reason (?) they get smaller and the fonts get bigger/smaller/wider
(and I have to replace them with new ones and it happens again!).

Does anybody know why this is happening please?

Thanks
Hiran

go into format control (right click on combobox) and go to properties
and choose "object positioning: Don't move or size with cells"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put your worksheet in design mode and right click on the combo box. Now
select Format Control... and check the size and properties.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Hiran" wrote:

Thanks Jim.

Actually this is one of the controls in View Toolbars Control
Toolbox - (not Forms).

My problem looks like a corruption in some way, but I don't know what
- a bug in Excel? In my client's installation? Resources on PC? The
corruption gets 'saved' when you save the file.

Any thoughts anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim and MD,
I have tried to adjust the offending properties (size, font, font size
etc) in the properties tab BUT ALAS this problem is something really
odd - the 'corruption' persists.
Open to any other suggestions ...

(Monday 11 Aug) New info - the PC that was doing this to these
controls isn't doing it today, so it's intermittent. It'll be nice to
know why it happens though.