Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run-time error '1004': PasteSpecial method of Range class failed

Hello all,

I get this error (subject line) when I run the following code:

Sub PasteValuesTranspose()
Dim plngScrollRow As Long
Dim pintScrollColumn As Integer
Dim pclcCalc As XlCalculation

pclcCalc = Application.Calculation

plngScrollRow = Application.ActiveWindow.ScrollRow
pintScrollColumn = Application.ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn

'*** The Error occurs on the following line ***
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True

Application.ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = plngScrollRow
Application.ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = pintScrollColumn

Application.Calculation = pclcCalc

End Sub

BUT I don't get the error when I run the following (notice the commented-out
lines):

Sub PasteValuesTranspose()
Dim plngScrollRow As Long
Dim pintScrollColumn As Integer
Dim pclcCalc As XlCalculation

' pclcCalc = Application.Calculation
' Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual

plngScrollRow = Application.ActiveWindow.ScrollRow
pintScrollColumn = Application.ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn

SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True

Application.ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = plngScrollRow
Application.ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = pintScrollColumn

' Application.Calculation = pclcCalc

End Sub

Can anyone explain to me what is going on here?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

"Smokin' weed kills your brain cells. Drinkin' only screws up your
liver...ya got 2 a those."
- Earl Hickey (NBC's "My Name is Earl")