Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default formula

Hello,

I have a sheet in which I have a total running on column D for each row from
B1 to C31 and another total, which has to be the same total corresponding to
each row on column I which contains the formula "sum(Ex:Hx)". Now, I need the
cell to turn red if the totals do not agree rowwise. I do not know how to do
that.

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

Hernan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've not got a good idea of which cells to turn red but Conditional
Formating and "not equal to" should work for you.

i.e. select I1:I10 and FormatCFCell Value is: not equal to =D1

Format to red and OK.

Watch out that Excel doesn't add $ signs to =D1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:44:01 -0700, Hernan
wrote:

Hello,

I have a sheet in which I have a total running on column D for each row from
B1 to C31 and another total, which has to be the same total corresponding to
each row on column I which contains the formula "sum(Ex:Hx)". Now, I need the
cell to turn red if the totals do not agree rowwise. I do not know how to do
that.

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

Hernan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Gord,

Sorry for the delay.

It worked, and a big THANKS to you.

Both total columns turn yellow when they are not equal to zero, and if there
is a different between both columns, the cell on I column turn red. :-)

Thanks again.

Hernan