Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Displaying a Graph

Windows 5.1 Service Pack 3
MS Excel 2003 SP3

Our office does what we call conceptual construction cost estimating for
architectural clients, giving them a sense of cost early on in design so they
can better work within their budgets as they invest in complete drawings.

RS Means publishes construction cost data which we use in absence of
something better, and the price of many items follow a highly correlated
function of size, usually parametric. For these I've prototyped a tool that
allows us to enter an arbitrary size, and it will return the price based on
the regression function.

Not an IT professional, however, I am seeking help for 2 requirements:

- In the prototype, I currently have the regression function coefficients
buried in the procedure; I'd like to store them in a spreadsheet and read
them in.
- I would also like to read in the data itself and display a graph along
with the particular price, so that the estimator can visually see any
anomolies in the graph. We are only entering functions with high
correlations, but occasionally the data shows abrupt jumps.

Thank you in advance.

Sprinks