Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 4-5 digit numbers to display leading zeros totalling 6 digits

I am uploading these numbers to an application
that stores and displays 1543 as 001543.

1543 becomes 001543
17626 becomes 017626

I need to convert all numbers from 1000 to 19000 to show as 001000 to
019000. This column may include some or all of these numbers.

I am trying to avoid converting to text but don't know how to do that either
other than manually. I am really an out of work actor so I require explicit
instructions please.

Thanks a million!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select the cells (or the entire column if you think your list will grow),
click Format/Cells on Excel's menu bar, click Custom in the Category listing
and type 000000 in the field labeled Type, then OK back to the worksheet.

Rick

"Professor_Higgins" wrote in
message ...
I am uploading these numbers to an application
that stores and displays 1543 as 001543.

1543 becomes 001543
17626 becomes 017626

I need to convert all numbers from 1000 to 19000 to show as 001000 to
019000. This column may include some or all of these numbers.

I am trying to avoid converting to text but don't know how to do that
either
other than manually. I am really an out of work actor so I require
explicit
instructions please.

Thanks a million!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming