Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I Designate a number with letters?

Winter Delta T = 82 Deg. F
Heating Design Degree Day = 6493 heating degree-days

In a work sheet, there are calculations that designate the letters dt or dd
as the number 82 or 6483.

EX:
Btu/h
=D9*E9*DT

Btu/h
352,469

Or just:

when you type =DT in a cell, the number 82 is put into that cell in the work
sheet.

I would much appreciate it if some one can help me understand how this is
done so I can replicate this in the future.

Thanks,

Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Try selecting a cell then
Insert|Name|Define
Name the cell DeltaT
Click OK

You can then put a value in that cell and perform calculations

=100*DeltaT

Mike