Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Merging Two Sheets - VLookup?

On Aug 5, 9:11*pm, pt_lily wrote:
I have two Sheets. *They both contain customer lists. *One sheet contains the
customer number and sales amounts. *The other sheet contains the customer
number and address information. *I need to combine them so that I have one
sheet that shows address information and sales amounts for each customer
number. *The customer numbers will not be in the same rows in each sheet, so
I need for the formula to search and say "if the customer # on sheet 2 = the
customer # on sheet one, then pull the address information from that row".. *
Can this be done with a VLookup?

Sheet One:
Customer Number: *Column D
Sales Amount: *Column E

Sheet Two:
Customer Number: *Column B
Address Information: *Column E

Thanks!

Yes, it is possible!! (Gee that sounds like I just invented it...but
no, it was there for long)

well in the sheet two lets put the following in a new column (lets say
F)
=VLOOKUP(B1,Sheet1!$D:$E,2,0)