Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filter - Just like Access

Hi,
I am always working with huge lists of data where I use autofilter
regularly.
Here I would like to have a macro which helps me quickly use filter
with right click - just like in the MS Access. Also I want to apply
filter without removing previous filters.
Is it possible to have such macro? May be in personal macro book?

Please guide a way forward.

Regards,
Madiya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Madiya wrote:
Hi,
I am always working with huge lists of data where I use autofilter
regularly.
Here I would like to have a macro which helps me quickly use filter
with right click - just like in the MS Access. Also I want to apply
filter without removing previous filters.
Is it possible to have such macro? May be in personal macro book?

Please guide a way forward.

Regards,
Madiya

Hi Madiya,

Just some thoughts...

The only thing I can imagine you are asking for is the ability to right
click a value field and add it to the filter conditions. Is this correct?

In all respects I can think of otherwise, Excel's filter does what you
ask already. It is needs only two clicks to filter a value, just like in
Access.

If you find yourself scrolling through the filter's combobox a lot, you
could try tapping the first character of the value you want to quickly
jump to that part of the list.

What do you mean when you say, "without removing previous filters?" When
I use autofilter, if I filter column A for a value, then column B for a
value, both filters remain in place. If I want to see two values in
column B, I simply add the additional value to the checked list. Excel
actually makes this a little easier than Access.

You do freeze the column header, yes?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

smartin wrote:
Madiya wrote:
[...]

My deepest apologies, I just realized I was thinking of the filtering in
/pivot tables/, not Excel's autofilter. Please disregard my comments.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 5, 3:31*am, smartin wrote:
smartin wrote:
Madiya wrote:
[...]

/pivot tables/, not Excel's autofilter. Please disregard my comments.- Hide quoted text -

You do freeze the column header, yes?

Yes, generally but not always.
And Sure I am thinking about excel's autofilter.
You surly gave your time for my problem and thanks for that.
I hope some expert here will help me.

Regards,
Madiya