Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Repeat

Hi, I got the code below to calculate sales tax on invoices. For example in
cell C7 I enter the net invoice amount of $100. Then I run the macro and it
enters in
cell D7 $6.75, and in E7 it totals it to $106.75.

I don't know anything about coding, so don't assume anything with me. What
I want
the macro to do is that once it calculates the sales tax and total invoice
amount in Row 7, is to go to the next row down cell C8. From here I then
enter the net invoice amount and I want to repeat the macro again.

I can't figure this out. Thanks for any input.

Macro3 Macro
' Sales Tax
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+f
'
Range("D7").Select
Range("D7") = "=0.0675*RC[-1]"

Range("E7").Select
Range("E7") = "=RC[-2]+RC[-1]"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

In fact, it's not terribly difficult ;-)

Macro3 Macro
' Sales Tax
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+f
'
Range("D" & ActiveCell.Row).Formula = "=0.0675*RC[-1]"
Range("E" & ActiveCell.Row).Formula = "=RC[-2]+RC[-1]"
Range("D" & ActiveCell.Row + 1).Select

Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Dave" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Enter all the amounts in C7 down and then run this code

Sub AddFormulae()
Dim LastRow As Long

With Activesheet

LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
Range("D7").Resize(LastRow - 6).Formula = "=C7*6.75%"
Range("E7").Resize(LastRow - 6).Formula = "=C7+D7
End With
End Sub

All done in one hit.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Dave" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks so much, that was great stuff.

"Dave" wrote in message
[...]

Repeat Cocoman Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 31st 09 08:50 AM
Repeat a macro until the last line is empty or repeat it 1400 time marita Excel Programming 3 July 18th 08 01:40 PM
Repeat F2 briank Excel Programming 2 September 19th 05 06:19 PM
how to repeat rows at the bottom while using the rows repeat at to Rows to repeat at the bottom Setting up and Configuration of Excel 1 August 31st 05 02:06 PM
Title Cut Off if Rows to Repeat & Columns to Repeat are Both Selec unibaby Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 August 24th 05 04:29 PM