Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default List help

I've been working on a very complicated project for over a week now, and just
have two things left to finish the thing, one of which I'm having issues with
Any help would be appreciated. I have a workbook with 80 odd worksheets. I've
created macros that will hide/unhide 2008 data, 2009 data, or show all. My
issue is how to put them in the workbook on each sheet. I've tried a combobox,
but the problem with that is that when you hide the 2008 data it moves the
box all the way to the left (which by itself would be fine), then when you
unhide these rows it stays over there. I've also tried using data validation
(as someone here suggested) but I can't figure out how to attach macros to
the selections in the drop down box in the cell. Any ideas of how to proceed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you thought about putting the combo box on a UserForm, then call the
UserForm up when you need to use the ComboBox. You can designate where the
UserForm will appear on your screen and it will always be in the same place.

"lonnierudd via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I've been working on a very complicated project for over a week now, and just
have two things left to finish the thing, one of which I'm having issues with
Any help would be appreciated. I have a workbook with 80 odd worksheets. I've
created macros that will hide/unhide 2008 data, 2009 data, or show all. My
issue is how to put them in the workbook on each sheet. I've tried a combobox,
but the problem with that is that when you hide the 2008 data it moves the
box all the way to the left (which by itself would be fine), then when you
unhide these rows it stays over there. I've also tried using data validation
(as someone here suggested) but I can't figure out how to attach macros to
the selections in the drop down box in the cell. Any ideas of how to proceed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's a good idea but it's too big. I've already set up the sheet, and while
the formulas in the sheet would adjust if I added a couple of rows, the VBA
wouldn't and I really don't want to redo this. Also, it's very possible a
user may want to switch back and forth from 2008 to 2009 and back again. This
needs to be as user friendly and flexible as possible.

JLGWhiz wrote:
Have you thought about putting the combo box on a UserForm, then call the
UserForm up when you need to use the ComboBox. You can designate where the
UserForm will appear on your screen and it will always be in the same place.

I've been working on a very complicated project for over a week now, and just
have two things left to finish the thing, one of which I'm having issues with

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
(as someone here suggested) but I can't figure out how to attach macros to
the selections in the drop down box in the cell. Any ideas of how to proceed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Got it! I right click on the combo box and chose format control, went to the
properties tab, then chose "don't move or size with cells." Thanks!

lonnierudd wrote:
That's a good idea but it's too big. I've already set up the sheet, and while
the formulas in the sheet would adjust if I added a couple of rows, the VBA
wouldn't and I really don't want to redo this. Also, it's very possible a
user may want to switch back and forth from 2008 to 2009 and back again. This
needs to be as user friendly and flexible as possible.

Have you thought about putting the combo box on a UserForm, then call the
UserForm up when you need to use the ComboBox. You can designate where the

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]